GDPR - Certified Data Protection Officer Coached (remote) self learning
The PECB Certified Data Protection Officer training course will help you acquire the knowledge and skills to serve as a Data Protection Officer (DPO) so as to help organizations ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements.
GDPR - Certified Data Protection Officer
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master the role of the DPO and become competent to inform, advise, and monitor compliance with the GDPR and cooperate with the supervisory authority.
After attending the training course, you can sit for the exam, and if you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. The internationally recognized “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” certificate will prove that you have the professional capabilities and practical knowledge to advise the controller and the processor on how to meet their obligations regarding the GDPR compliance.
For more information, please visit PECB.
Learning objectives :
- Understand the concepts of the GDPR and interpret its requirements
- Understand the content and the correlation between the General Data Protection Regulation and other regulatory frameworks and applicable standards, such as ISO/IEC 27701 and ISO/IEC 29134
- Acquire the competence to perform the role and daily tasks of the data protection officer in an organization
- Develop the ability to inform, advise, and monitor compliance with the GDPR and cooperate with the supervisory authority
This training course is intended for:
- Managers or consultants seeking to prepare and support an organization in planning, implementing, and maintaining a compliance program based on the GDPR
- DPOs and individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with the GDPR requirements
- Members of information security, incident management, and business continuity teams
- Technical and compliance experts seeking to prepare for a data protection officer role
- Expert advisors involved in the security of personal data
Participants attending this training course are required to have a fundamental understanding of the GDPR and comprehensive knowledge of data protection requirements.
Module 1: Introduction to the GDPR concepts and principles
Module 2: Designation of the DPO and analysis of the GDPR compliance program
Module 3: DPO operations
Module 4: Monitoring and continual improvement of GDPR compliance
Exam & certificate
The “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” exam complies with the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP) requirements. The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Data protection concepts, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and compliance measures
Domain 2: Roles and responsibilities of accountable parties for the GDPR compliance
Domain 3: Technical and organizational measures for data protection
This approach is ideal if you want to invest time in self-study.
The coached model (remote) includes three hours coaching split into two 1.5-hour sessions (to be planned and agreed with the trainer) during a 4 weeks’ timeframe encompassing a summary of each training day.
Our training courses are scheduled to begin on the second Monday of each month and span four weeks. During this four-week period, please coordinate with your trainer to schedule individual sessions.
Upon completion, exam vouchers will be issued. If you register for a course after the current month has begun, your booking will be transferred to the subsequent month.
A confirmation email will be sent to you to collect your invoicing information and PECB student information.
Your booking is confirmed once full payment is received.